CARESCAPE Respiratory Modules support better decision-making by providing complete monitoring with more room to breathe.
The safety of patients in the operating theatre depends on knowing their status from moment to moment, when time and space are limited. CARESCAPE* respiratory modules increase CARESCAPE monitor functionality to deliver more complete data, and their single-width size frees up valuable space.
CARESCAPE respiratory modules monitor respiratory and ventilatory parameters for adult, paediatric and neonatal patients in anaesthesia and critical care applications. This is innovative technology designed to help your patients breathe a little easier.
- Integrated all-in-one gas modules—can be flexibly used with CARESCAPE monitors for intubated and non-intubated patients, from basic gas monitoring to lung mechanics
- New single-width size—frees up valuable space in the CARESCAPE Monitor B650 to enable simultaneous use of the Entropy* measurement module
- Supports ventilation and anesthesia delivery—provides essential data including inspired and expired CO2, O2, N2O, anesthetic agents, and optionally lung mechanics
- Integrates with other modules—helps provide a more complete picture of patient status during OR procedures with Entropy and hemodynamic modules
The CARESCAPE respiratory module gives caregivers the data they need for better decision support. It’s a smart system designed to help everyone breathe a little easier.
- Airway gases measured by the sidestream method
- Four module versions available to meet the needs of various care areas
- All parameter values sampled proximal at the patient’s airway with a single gas sampling line, D-lite(+)* or Pedilite(+) flow sensor, along with an additional Spirometry tube
- Et and Fi values updated breath by breath
- Fast oxygen measurement for accurate EtO2 and FiO2 values
- Automatic identification of anesthetic agents
- Detects end inspiratory and end expiratory occlusions automatically and displays values for Statis Plat, Static PEEPi+e and Static Compliance
- Calculated balance gas value for estimating the N2-concentration
- Very compact size, low weight and low power consumption
- CO2 and N2O– GE infrared technology: Inspired and end-tidal values, CO2 waveform and respiration rate
- Respiration rate– calculated from the CO2 waveform
- Anesthetic agents– GE infrared technology– Measures and identifies all five agents and two agent mixtures: halothane, enflurane, isoflurane, sevoflurane and desflurane– MAC (Minimum Alveolar Concentration)– MAC age with age, temperature and ambient pressure compensation
- Patient oxygen – GE paramagnetic oxygen (O2) technology: Inspired, end-tidal and Fi-Et difference, waveform
- Patient Spirometry – Designed to measure true patient values independent of the ventilator with GE-patented D-lite(+) and Pedi-lite(+) flow sensors and gas samplers at the patient airway – Numerical values for airway pressure, minute and tidal volumes, compliance, airway resistance and I:E ratio values, and flow and airway pressure waveforms – Continuous measurement of intrinsic, extrinsic and total PEEP – Pressure-volume and flow-volume loops – Ability to store and print up to six loops – Recall saved loops to compare to current loop
Letters in the module name stand for
s = Single-width module
C = CO2 and N2O
Ai = Anesthetic agents and agent identification
O = Patient O2
V = Patient Spirometry– Module keys to save or change loop view