The Medhold Group is a leading supplier of world-class medical devices and technology to the healthcare sector in Southern Africa. We offer a holistic supplier service to our clients, backed by vital clinical engineering support, consulting services and state-of-the-art information technology systems.
Medhold Medical (Pty) Ltd, part of the Medhold Group, has been in the Healthcare device industry since 1988, representing gold standard products from world class manufacturers. The company offers a full range of services from consulting (incorporating design), sale of medical devices to after sales service.
The company was listed on the JSE in the 1990’s via Medhold Limited before management effected a buy out in 1998. Since then the company has expanded its operations through a combination of organic growth, acquisitions and new product introductions and represent the following major suppliers for the South African market:
- GE Healthcare Clinical Systems (Anaesthesia delivery systems, Patient monitoring, Cardiology, Ventilation, Maternal Infant Care, Clinical Information Systems)
- Getinge Infection Control (Autoclaves, Washers/Disinfectors, Flushers & related accessories)
- Maquet Surgical Systems (Theatre lights, Tables, Pendants and OR integration systems)
- Conmed Corporation (Electrosurgery and related Supplies/Accessories)
- Ferno & CMC (Emergency and Rescue products)
- Medicon (Surgical Instruments)
The company has several business divisions and subsidiaries:
- Pro Med Computer Services (Pty) Ltd – which predominantly provides RIS, PACS and billing solutions for the Radiological markets
- Medhold Africa division – which offers the company’s devices and services into the neighbouring countries of Nambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Mozambique.
- Medhold Projects division – which offers a full turnkey solution incorporating consultancy services, CAD drawings, procurement, project management and handover.