The Medhold Group is a leading supplier of world-class medical devices and technology to the healthcare sector in Southern Africa. We offer a holistic supplier service to our clients, backed by vital clinical engineering support, consulting services and state-of-the-art information technology systems.
Medhold Medical (Pty) Ltd, part of the Medhold Group, has been in the Healthcare device industry since 1988, representing gold standard products from world class manufacturers. The Group offers a full range of services from Turnkey projects (incorporating design), sale of medical devices to after sales service.
The company was listed on the JSE in the 1990’s via Medhold Limited before management effected a buyout in 1998. Since then the company has expanded its operations through a combination of organic growth, acquisitions and new product introductions and represent the following major suppliers throughout Southern Africa:
- Bexen (Defibrillators)
- Conmed Corporation (Sports medicine, drill systems, Minimal Invasive Surgery, Electrosurgery and related Supplies/Accessories)
- GE Healthcare CCS (SA) (Anaesthesia delivery systems, Patient monitoring, Cardiology, Ventilation, Maternal Infant Care, Surgical C-Arms, HCIT and related Accessories)
- GE Healthcare (ROSA) (Full DI & CCS portfolio)
- Getinge SWIC (Sterilisers, Instrument Washers, Theatre tables, Lights, Pendants, HCIT & related accessories)
- Famed (Carbon fibre theatre tables)
- Ferno & CMC (Emergency and Rescue products)
- Medicon (Surgical Instruments)
- Radiometer (State sector only) (Blood gas)
- Vyaire (Supplies and Accessories)
The company currently has a level 2 BBBEE rating. This was made possible through the formation of the Medhold Employee Trust whereby the employees own 10% of the Medhold Group, 40% is owned by management and the balance with Old Mutual Private Equity.